Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I'm baaaaack. With another review for an album you should buy.

Ok. It's been awhile since I rapped at you. Mostly because of the whole "moving to Thailand and starting a blog about that" thing. Anyway, all the same, I like to keep this blog going for stuff like telling you why you should buy this KT Tunstall album.

Pretty much I didn't need any convincing on this one because I've liked her since the "Suddenly I See" song I still have on my marathon-mix. And apparently, "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree" reminds my ex-husband of me in some horrible way, so there's that.

Anyway, I got this one late so I've only been able to listen to it a few times today (again the whole living in Thailand and getting mail here thing) but I effing love this album. Here's why:

1. The first song is GOOD. I'm not sure how you say it, but "Uummannaq Song" rocked my socks right away. I like it when albums do that. I like it even better when the first song isn't the only good one on the album.

2. I understand that some of my friends aren't so much into this music. Whatevs. If you like Brandi Carlisle, I can't see where you wouldn't/don't like KT Tunstall.

3. She looks really good on the cover but I don't think she's into boys, fellas.

4. The CD is really cool too. I like the drawings in the booklet. Reminds me of "Where the Wild Things Are."

I'm not saying this album has quite the depth of lyrics that a Brandi album does, but KT sounds great and this is pretty good pop music. I'll try and upload a few tracks onto my Facebook page so you can have a listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment