Thursday, May 7, 2009

How busy can you possibly be?

So, last night I stopped by Batteries Plus after work with about one million watches in need of new batteries. I'm pretty sure the only reason why the guy working there didn't fucking kill me was because I was wearing a cute dress and he liked my legs.

Anyway, the last time I showed up with one million watches needing batteries, the guy at the counter just changed them all right away as he continued watching Rachael Ray's talk show.

This was not the case last night, and I was told I'd get called today when they were finished.

It was pretty much getting to be near the end of the work day, I didn't get a call and I'm not driving to Batteries Plus unless I know for sure I have a reason.

I called (YES I KNOW THEY TOLD ME THEY'D CALL ME) and the guy who answered was clearly in distress. He tells me, "Jodie (I hate it when people who don't know me in situations like this use my name...like this is supposed to soften the blow of it all)...we're just SWAMPED. I haven't even THOUGHT about changing those batteries yet. Can you wait until tomorrow?"

HOW BUSY CAN THEY REALLY BE AT BATTERIES PLUS? Have you ever driven past this place? C'mon.

Well dudes. Most of these watches are actually Brad's, and if he's been without them for 2 years, I'm thinking another day is fine. I told the guy that and he didn't laugh. So now I'm assuming they're going to fuck with our watches and scratch the backs up out of spite.

In other news, I have a new blog that I'll be writing on, and uploading to Facebook. Maybe. If I can figure it out. If not, you'll just be inconvenienced by having to come here directly.

No comments:

Post a Comment