Thursday, May 7, 2009

Why in the hell is it so hard to find a used recumbent bike?

When I didn't want one, I saw them on Craigslist all the damn time.

Now that I want one, the only ones posted are like $225, which is the Craigslist equivalent of selling clothes at a thrift sale for $25. Give me a fucking break. I don't care if the tags are on that shit. IT'S A THRIFT SALE.

Anyway, the other day, I did call on one listed in the paper. The guy who answered lives on Birch Street, which is pretty much one of the shittiest streets in Eau Claire. On top of that, I could hardly understand him (either drunk or forgein) and the first question he asks me is if I know what a recumbent bike is. Uhhhhh. On top of that, he apparently had "several", with his "top brand" being Stamina. Which I think is sold at Kmart.

So, that's a no go.

I guess I'll keep breaking into the gym until someone either sells me a used good one for $125 or less or takes pity on me and buys me a new one, ships it to me at an address available upon request, and makes me the happiest girl in Eau Claire for at least five minutes. Until I have to put the damn thing together.

No comments:

Post a Comment