Friday, June 19, 2009

Well, you are just not going to believe this.

Yeah. I'm a member of LinkedIn because my employer told me it would be a good way for me to "network." Pretty much, networking (whatever that is) is about the last thing I've used this site for.

Anyway, today I get an email from LinkedIn, telling me someone wants me added to their "network." Here's the message:

LinkedIn

Julie,

I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn.

- Jon

I kept staring at this message, scratching my head, wondering...WHO IN THE HELL WOULD CALL ME JULIE? AND WHO IN THE HELL IS JON?

Dudes. Then I remembered. Once upon a time, I listed a record player on Craigslist. This guy responded to the ad, calling me Julie, and told me he was going to give this to his brother for Christmas. Then he showed up to get it, with a rude girlfriend that wouldn't get off the phone, and the thing ended up not working. I was so humiliated. I kept trying different records and yeah. No go. Instead of just leaving, HE BOUGHT IT ANYWAY. I could tell it's because he felt he had to. Anyway...this is that guy! And now the pity he took on me really makes sense as it turns out he works for Thrivent Lutheran.

What in the hell do I do? The devil on my shoulder has all kinds of ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment