Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Why are there some many "legendary" cashiers here in Eau Claire?

And is it the same everywhere?

We've got the girl with the incredibly annoying "lispy" voice at Target (you know...the one with the dark hair that never has anyone in her line), the greeter at Wal-Mart who says the same shit over and over again (but then doesn't say a word when he's on his break AND YES I KNOW HE'S NOT TECHNICALLY A CASHIER), and then there's the other one at Wal-Mart that might have pushed me over the edge this morning. I'm currently chewing mad amounts of gum, which I'm blaming on her.

She's the nerdy girl with the big dark glasses and the dark, short hair. She's pretty much the kind of girl that would go on "What Not To Wear" and look exactly the same, even after they did everything they could for her. She's.incredibly.thorough. And comments on EVERYTHING.

So, I'm using my own shopping bags. Mostly because I have no use for anymore plastic bags, but also because of the whole "environment thing." This particular bag has some writing on it about lettuce. I have no fricking clue. I got it for free. Anyway, she's like, "Wowowowow. That's a reaaaaaaaaally pretty bag. Who says being green has to be boring?" Okay. That's a little weird but I just chuckle and say thanks. Then she's like, "Yeah. I love the environment. You know that Wal-Mart sells reeeeeeeeeusable shopping bags, right?"

I tell her I know this and then point them out. Because they're right in front of the counter. And even if I needed more reusable shopping bags (which I don't for chrissakes..everyone and their mother is selling these), I wouldn't buy bags that said WAL-MART on them in huge letters. I don't mention this part because I've been told I say too much in these situations and it can be seen as "rude." And let's not go into the "Wal-Mart sucks" argument. Like the corporate people at Target are any better. C'mon. (And yeah, I do like Target better because their clothes don't fall apart and their produce isn't rotten)

Then she comments on everything I'm buying; which largely involves 2-liter bottles of assorted diet sodas, Splenda, and gum. She's like..."Someone's thirsty! Do you like Diet Rootbeer?" No. I don't. That's why I bought 4 bottles. And of course this is all happening on my way to work, so I have all the time in the world to talk about Diet Rootbeer.

Then she gets to the Splenda and makes some comment about how she's read that Splenda "maybe isn't that good for you." Well dude. I've had this argument before. And I pretty much don't care. I told her I was a risk-taker. LOL This makes me laugh, just thinking about it.

Anyway, I pay with cash, thinking this would somehow be faster. No. Because she has no change. Apparently paying with cash "doesn't happen very often." Which then makes me think she should have all the change in the world.

Then, as I was leaving, she shouted, "Enjoy your pop!"

I have learned a valuable lesson today. I'm not entirely sure what it is but when I think of it, I'll let you know. It might be as simple as never going in this girl's line again. It might be as complex as never purchasing Diet Rootbeer from Wal-Mart again.

In other news, I'm honestly joining the Eau Claire Rod and Gun Club today.

No comments:

Post a Comment