Wednesday, December 9, 2009

God Bless Capitalism. Or Whatever.

Well shit. I had posted the following ad on Craigslist, AS A JOKE, in response to the weirdo who kept trying to sell their “Giant Pepsi Mug” for MONTHS, listing it daily and never reducing the price ($5). That is asking way too much, in my opinion.

http://eauclaire.craigslist.org/wan/1497293917.html

The only responses I got were from people in India trying to arrange for dealings via Paypal. For a Giant Pepsi Mug? Riiiiiiiiight.

DO THEY EVEN HAVE GIANT PEPSI MUGS IN INDIA?

Then I get this last night:

From: ctn94106@centurytel.net Subject: Pepsi mugTo: sale-k8rhc-1497293917@craigslist.orgDate: Tuesday, December 8, 2009, 9:35 PM
Have one in truck for you E me back to set up transfer Live by Holcombe

Well holy shit, dudes. I wasn’t really expecting someone to respond. So I figured I might as well roll with it. I respond, asking the guy if he has one of those plastic chutes like the bank does (to “transfer” it to me) and then I get this response today:

Will be through Eau Claire on Thusday,Friday, Sat, Sun (but mostly on a Schedule) Thusday and Sunday coming back from the MPLS. AirportFri/ Sat Classes around Farm and Fleet Area 8 hours 8-5 Send me Phone # and ruff time you will be around Brian

I don’t know about you but this guy is willing to go through a lot of hassle just to make $2 on a Giant Pepsi Mug. So, I’m going to buy it.

And then re-sell it for $4.

No comments:

Post a Comment